Monday, August 27, 2007

The Horror Times...

hello, after a long,long time. do not thank your luck, thank my exams for that.
how i would like to say that alot has happened over the past weeks. alas! nothing has. and whatever has happened has been so utterly mundane that i cannont recall anything.
well,my exams are over so now i can sleep like never before. i have returned to my potter, my love. yet, and yet, i am a tortured soul...sob,sob!
now, when my exams ended, i was HAPPY! the world of tv,books,hogging and getting wet in the rain was all mine. or so i thought!
i have this aunt of mine who does not live with me (so to say). but she is there everyday. i do not mind, i quite like her (sometimes). its like i live in a joint family. we have joint lunches, breakfasts,everyday. again,i do not mind. but the obssesive control of the remote gets on me. there i am watching Ally Mcbeal or The Simpsons,happy so happy. then,suddenly, i am thrown into a loud world of 3 sisters (ugly sisters), all making plans (loudly) to marry each others husbands or whatever. and then it continues untill 11:30 when i indulge in Friends. my brain dies endless times during those hours.
as though that is not enough, from 3 to 5 in the evening, i am transported into yet another loud world of bangla cinema, from 5 to 6 my poor tv i switch off so that it can gather the strength to entertain my twisted family later. it screams "the horror!"
but now i have started becoming used to it. my ears have started blocking themselves against the noise of kitchens collapsing evertime a close-up of one of those ugly faces is taken. thank god for the immune system.
i have started taking evening walks now. the blasted rain has stopped so there goes the master plan. but i have witnessed many a beautiful sunset since then. i guess one good thing has come of this...i have started liking shillong better. ghastly!what a few movies and serials can change in you.
i am going for a 3 day break to my cousins to guwahati. yes, boiling, mosquito-ridden guwahati. deperate times these are. fortunately, my cousin is a treat to be with. i am hoping she will make all the mosquito bites worth it. hoping against hope!!!

5 comments:

heh? ok said...

you forgot to mention how the aunts collectively dissect each serial to give us valuable life lessons about how we shouldn't marry five times and raise psychotic children. hehe.

Unknown said...

ya well i got a similar situation...if not ppl coming into my home i at least haf 2 of the gr8st gossip queens on earth-mum and my so calld elder sis.they get on ma nerves weneva i try to watch something esp my favs.god yaar i totally knw how it feels.but ur still better off u can do stuff like getting wet or walking as for me my stupid backache wouldn't let me do all of that.man these holidays suck.anyway m glad u'll meet oindrilla(dunno the spelling).i hope u hav a nice time.love u loads.

Unknown said...

and i didn't even say i'm useless yeee.

raghu said...

ha.. how about lissenin to oriya songs n watchin oriya movies when u noe that a manu arsenal match is goin on?
huh.

The New Age Superhero said...

i was told of the torrid times when the tv gets switched on there! my sympathies :P